Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting back into the swing of things.

So, it's been quite some time since my last post. And honestly, it had been some time since my last self-taught lesson, too. After the flu I found it very difficult to get back into the habit of studying. I kept going over in my head the things I'd learned, so they wouldn't fall out of use, but even that became less frequent. Much easier to do was keep up with my music listening and movie watching. I'm certainly not going to commend myself for that though, as I'd be doing it anyways!

Trouble began brewing when I'd try to recall some things that I know I had learned at one point, but then would struggle to remember. I didn't want to resort to looking it up, as I know that I'd knew it. But it wouldn't come to me. It was then that I realized I'd have to repeat my previous course to reconnect with this material. I've started that today. The good news is that out of 130 questions, I only got 4 wrong. I'm recalling the information easily, so it's not long gone from my grey matter, merely the path has become cluttered and I have to find my way again :)

It's refreshing to start this again, as I've begun feeling a bit aimless in my day to day life this past month. I think this bit of structure was something I was sorely lacking. When presented with the problems and obstacles of everyday life, it's easy to forget your long term goals and not focus on them. But if you do that, then what are you really living for? Live for the day, sure, but save for tomorrow. I want to put this knowledge to use, so as part of my New Year's Resolution, I've vowed to make strides in my language learning. That may involve taking a classroom course at some point (I have to see what's available), or just stepping up my program. We'll see.

Anyways, dear (non-existant) readers, and me, consider this my re-entry to this tiny webspace, and back to my study habits!

またね、
 ブレンダン

No comments:

Post a Comment