Sunday, September 27, 2009

Genki desu.

It's been quite a lengthy weekend! I've been struggling to do any studying for the past few days as my schedule has been uncharacteristically busy for me. I've followed through, however! I started a new core lesson yesterday, and split it between last night and tonight. I did this because there was a LOT of new information covered and I felt that I would not retain any of it past where I stopped last night. I've rarely felt my brain become "full" before! My hectic schedule this weekend has left me rather mentally exhausted anyways, and I'm sure that contributed to my inability to finish last night. I followed through with no problems tonight, however.

-Brendan


Things I learned today (and yesterday)

Some more clothing items

  • seeta = sweater
  • jiinzu = jeans
  • beruto = belt
  • suutsu = suit
  • kutsushita = socks
  • nekutai = necktie

Some more colors

  • haiiro = grey
  • murasaki = purple
  • chairo = brown
  • pinku = pink
  • orenji = orange
  • iro = color

Physical characteristics

  • kami ( 髪 ) = hair (kanji included, as I know kami can also mean 'god' and 'paper')
  • shiraga/hakuhatsu = grey/white hair
  • akage = red hair (redhead)
  • kinpatsu = blonde hair
  • takai = tall
  • hikui = short
  • se = height

Physical conditions

  • samui = chilly/cold
  • atsui = hot
  • nodo ga kawaku = to be thirsty (nodo = throat, kawaku = become dry)
  • onaka ga suku = to be hungry (onaka = stomach, suku = become empty)
  • Watashi wa guai ga warui desu = I am feeling bad (guai = condition, warui = bad/wrong)
  • daijobu = all right
  • genki = healthy/fine/energetic

A few common phrases/sayings

  • Ogenki desuka? = How are you?
  • Genki desu. = I'm fine.
  • Tadaima! = I'm home!
  • Okaerinasai! = Welcome home!
  • Ittekimasu! = I'm leaving!

Parting practice phrase
Se no takai otoko no hito wa kuroi suutsu o kite imasu. せのたかいおとこのひとはくろいスーツをきています。The tall man is wearing a black suit.




No comments:

Post a Comment