Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Up late, learning some katakana

So, I'm becoming frustrated with my inability to read katakana yet. Only because I learned the hiragana so quickly through my computer lessons. I can't realistically expect katakana to be thoroughly covered any time soon, as I have learned that it is generally used to represent words that aren't native to the Japanese language. I've found, so far, that items of clothing and some technological items (computers, televisions, etc.) are represented this way, and most are closely comparable to their English counterparts.

To combat this frustration I've started teaching myself the katakana system tonight, with the flashcards I got some time ago. They helped solidify my comfort with hiragana, and I hope that they will do the same for katakana. I've only set myself 9 cards to remember tonight. Hopefully I'll recall them in the morning! :)

  • ア - a
  • イ - i
  • ウ - u
  • エ - e
  • オ - o
  • カ - ka
  • キ - ki
  • ケ - ke
  • ク - ku

-ブレンダン

No comments:

Post a Comment